Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Seizing the Sunny Days =]

TOoTie Tuesdays: ^_^ Ahhh.. isn't it lovely to explore New York City in a wonderful sunny day. I think so and so do many other New yorkers who took the time out of their busy schedules to park themselves in Union Square today. Sit in the grass, wiggle their toes, and ramble about the latest trends, films, dogs, and other topics that may come up. Although there is always an exception, I for one am not a normal New Yorker. Reading my friend Crystal's previous blog post, I agreed with her opinion. New Yorkers don't explore New York as they should and even tourists have seen New York fully than an actual born and raised chick from Washington Heights. Kind of sad to say the truth but then again I don't have that drive anymore to see what is out there. Maybe because I am more mellow now that school is over and my twin sister is back. Maybe it's because there is nothing that really catches my eye and that I would like to pursue. But, what I do know is that on this Tootie Tuesday Holika, Jessica (Holika's Albany roommate) and I decided to take a stroll through one of the semi known aread of Manhattan, known as SOHO. To sum it up quickly SOHO is after all the numbers, after NYU University, where all the stores and underground boutiques are located. Where anyone can be anyone and if one day you decided to go outside with a monkey suit, people will walk by.. maybe look.. and want to take pictures. On this sunny day we decided to show Jessica Soho because like many other people in New York, she doesn't know where it is located and what's there. Before any of this I have breaking news.. I have decided to leave New York City and go to Rhode Island to Johnson and Wales, to study Travel and Tourism as well as Hotel Management. I am tired of the curriculum the College of Staten Island has been providing me with. I have always said that I am a Suny girl and since I can not and could not attend Suny.. then I might as well just go to Johnson and Wales and live the college life like it is suppose to be.. no matter what cost. Right? Well I re-admitted myself and since then have filed all the paperwork needed, now I need to wait for financial aid to kick in.. then pick my housing and Presto! I will be a student at JWU!! WoOO hOO I am excited but hopefully things go my way and nothing goes wrong as usual. Everything that has to do with college always goes wrong in my neck of the woods. It's incredible how I ended up in a CUNY let alone in Staten Island... a city girl like me. PShHh. But hey things happen for a reason right? Moving along, we went Downtown to meet up with Jessica.. she is a sweet Puerto-rican girl raised in Queens who now resides in BrOOKLYN!!! lolol We met up at the exact same time, apparently we were on the same train. Weather was bariable but should have worn shorts. As soon as we got out of the train station we aimed towards the forever21 store. Let me tell you a little story about this amazing store which i've gained love for. My whole entire closet is basically Forever21 from coats to sweaters, shirts, blazers, to jeans and sunglasses. Ahhh.. i love it! I would work there but I heard its a slave job so I don't think so. Going back to the story I was romantically typing away, we got out of the train station and low and behold Forever21 was staring at me straight in the face. This is the love of my life!!! BELOW!:::AHHhhhhh *angel music*:::::

This little beauty right up here in the right side of this picture is my obsession, my heroine, and as Jennifer would say my "Kryptonite". I have been shopping at Forever21 for the past 5 years now and there is no stopping me. You can buy everything you need right there and you don't have to go anywhere else. Now guys can have the same obsession since I just saw that they made the store bigger and the Male section is far larger then it was a couple of months ago. Well we encounted this beautiful trademark and entered... lets just say I could not help myself and I ended up wasting half of my money. I had to let go of some things because I needed to buy sneakers and if I continued shopping then I couldn't. I came in an addicted shopper and came out like a satisfied New Yorker ready to take on the world and everyone or anyone who wants to stand in my way. Following this, we ended up in Journeys! For many of the Union Square addicts who tend to hang out at the whee hours of the morning, Journeys is a known store filled with various styles and brands at a cheap and pricey price. While I was browsing I fell in love with these Sperry Top-sider shoes.


Yes these right here =]. They are so summery.. if that's even a word and it was $20 off the original price =]. SOo Yay ME!! as Ana would say. I was happy that I economized so much, overall I spent all my money and ended up happy. They do say that shopping makes the heart grow fonder and it is a sort of therapy for people with stressful situations... that would be me =]. We walked all the way to SoHo and ended up in the threading place where Holika loves to do her eyebrows. I don't get it.. it hurts extremely and you end up crying in pain.. why put yourself threw it? Following this I decided to pop in at NYU University where Holika and me used to work and say hello to my little friend. I will now introduce my friend " Mr. Miyaghi!" well his real name is Pablo and he is the coolest midget I have ever known. Fun fact: He is taller than me =]. We ended up catching up like old times and I ended up being sarcastic as usual.. what I got out of this... a possible job in the summer.. another one for my list. So basically that will be two summer jobs and I will be getting that green paper like BAM! =]
Thursday I have an interview for a tutoring job, tutoring little children... I wonder if I get to wear a sexy outfit like this:
" I don't know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone"
Toodles ^_^

1 comments:

Crystal said...

I like how you took my idea into consideration. I also like yours, I never thought about the Aquarium. But it does sound fun, so Im in. And are you ever online? I need to ask you something.

 
Creme De La Creme © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina